Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away !

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

First off, I would like to say Happy Easter! However, what does this mean to you? What memories do you have of this time of year? Mine are a mixture of memories of family time with my sisters and easter baskets, to time with my now wife and her family at easter services and dinner. Easter has always taken on a new found beauty since I became a Christian in high school, but it seems the more that I study both the Bible and my favorite subject, science, the more in awe of God I become. We have become a society of "don't sweat the small stuff," looking at the "big picture" of living a good life instead. Yet it amazes me as I study for my latest degree just how much detail is in the small stuff. Just how amazing is God, to have the infinite knowledge to create atoms to behave the way they do, allowing for life on this planet? And how intricate is our body, that the slightest variations can cause such distress, and yet the wonders of our miraculous engine repair itself, down to the smallest cell. Yes, we have such diseases as AIDS, cancer, and others that cannot be cured and cannot be overcome without the healing touch of God, but let's be real: this is the consequences of sin. No, I am not saying that anyone who develops these diseases is a sinner being punished, only that sin is real, it is in our lives, and it does have an effect against us. "For the wages of sin is death." Irrefutable. Cannot not argue that sentence. Yet John 3:16, so often quoted and so often used that it has begun to lose emphasis in our society, is so packed with hope. All we have to do is believe, and trust in Jesus, and we will have everlasting life. No, we don't get to be immortal in this life, but better than that, we get to spend eternity in the glorious presence of the Holy God Almighty. At that point, I don't think I will really care what else happened, what my body is like, or all these questions that I say "I will love to ask God when I get to heaven." None of that is going to matter. Looking at the small stuff, how can anyone not see the big picture? they are intertwined, like a master quilt being woven by the greastest Creator ever, the only true Creator ever. With God on my side, truly, who can be against me? Remember these things as you enjoy Easter this year, whether with new family (as my beautiful wife and I get to), with long loved family memebers, or with your church family. This should be a focus everyday, but we as humans need these special occasions to remind us what is important and what is lasting. If you don't have this realationship with Christ, I encourage you to seek someone out to talk to. There are many wonderful churches in our area, and there are many wonderful people who would love to speak with you, and share the great news of what Jesus has done for us. So again, I say Happy Easter, and may God Bless every aspect of your life from this day forward.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more, Big Guy! When I think of all the things that are pure miracles like how we are created in the womb from little parts of our parents, astronomy and science, or when I see amazing scenery and places, you can't help but be in awe of God's great creations! These things remind me of God's wonder and this day gives me hope! Happy Easter, love you guys!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete