Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away !

Friday, April 9, 2010

Good News, and the Pain that Follows

Yes, I know, that is a very weird title. But trust me, it is very appropriate. I got some good news on the job front the other day, and the first thing I start doing is doubting that it will go through or that it will last. What the heck????? I get news that I have been praying for months about, and all I can do is doubt. That is crazy!!! I have talked to several people about the job, and the more I talk about it, the more evident it is that God is throughout this situation, and yet I doubt. I used to pride (I know, I know) myself on the fact that I was not a doubting Thomas, that I fully believed in faith the things that God does in my life. And yet, now that i am there trusting in Him to help me, I find myself going: "God, I know this looks like you, and I know this is an answer to prayer, but is it really You?" Come on, anything else and I would be jumping all over it. But I agree with my wife, I am tired of being disappointed after getting my hopes up. Yet, when I look back at those times when I was disappointed, they were times that I had not prayed, or had not sought God's will. Of course I am going to be disappointed!!! It was not in God's will for those things to occur, so they did not. Yet, when it is prayed over and God is throughout it, of course things will go as the are supposed to. Does that mean they will go the way I want them to?? Not necessarily. Yes, God will give us the desires of our heart, but that is a tricky slope. Does that mean if I want to be a millionaire, God is going to grant that? Maybe, maybe not. He may grant it, and it not be His will. So then what? I am now miserable because I desired something against God. However, in this situation, it has God all over it, it is a desire of my heart, and so much can be done for Him through it. All I need to do is trust and obey. And pray. And in this case, fast as well. Please pray for this job situation, to which I will divulge more information later, and pray for Sunshine and myself as we learn to trust, obey, and lean more and more on the comforting hands of God. God Bless




Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment